ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Replied by sdefrwggerg on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #609
@ Crillas
Can you copy and paste Dump files her

Last Edit:1 year 2 months ago by sdefrwggerg
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by sdefrwggerg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by paso on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 year 1 month ago #658
Hello, Please don't judge, but I was stupid enough to update firmware without saving original dump or updating config file. I did not even plan to do it, I just wanted to read info about the enclosure just out of curiosity and the UPDATE button was just too tempting.

Now my serial is lost, most of values are N/A.
Enclosure is working fine, only difference I noticed is that is goes to sleep much faster than before and Samsung magician cannot read much about the disk (didn't check with stock).

Is there any chance I can get to the stock config? Shorting pins did not help, same dummy serial and N/A values.
Is here anyone with ORICO M222C3-G2 or similar that can share the dump, or similar or advise some values to put there?

Last Edit:1 year 1 month ago by paso
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by paso.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Away Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
    Administrateur

Replied by admin on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 year 1 month ago #660
Hi,
It happens too bad that Realtek does not do like the Asmedia which creates a backup with each update
If you are sure it is a Realtek RTL9210 (10Gbs) here is an official firmware for the box below
Otherwise no firmware available for the 20Gbs Version (RTL9220)

Otherwise you can get this one from Orico and modify it

Version 1.27.24 (RTL9210 only)

Download
www.orico.cc/us/prodl/927.html

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

Last Edit:1 year 1 month ago by admin
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by admin.

Replied by paso on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 year 1 month ago #661
Hi, thanks for reply, I have 10Gbs version. The 20Gbs has ASM chip, I actually returned it before getting this one, because I have no 2x2 ports at home so the additional price/performance was wasted lol.
What should I look for in the configs? To me 90% of them look the same with few led and timeout tweaks here and there. Nothing important. Basically all are close to the default USB config.
From you link there are like 9 config files, and don't know which one I should check, but they seem just basuc what is here + product info, nothing special. I'm just worried I'm loosing some random functionality that I'm not even aware exist.

Any chance I could have flashed B over A? I don't remember what I had at start, but now I'm only able to choose B versions.
Note: I flashed it like 10 times, different versions/configs + from rom, because sometimes it did not let me flash.
Last Edit:1 year 1 month ago by paso
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by paso.

Posted 1 year 1 month ago #662
I guess I'm done for a now. Had lot of fun with it. Apparently it is hard to break, felt like rooting android phones 10 years ago. I have it in working condition, will see if any issues arise. I used NormalUSB config with product info from random ORECO cfg file.
Still have no idea what golden rom is. I found out that I cannot reflash latest just to try different config (according to log it fails to go to golden rom). I can do the rom boot trick connecting pins, but I found another way.
If I select in Settings -> golden binary and also Write Efuse UUID. It will fail at 99% and keep me in whatever boot golden / rom. Seen both don't remember exactly what I did.
From there I can disable the UUID option again and flash without errors.

by paso

Time to create page: 1.094 seconds